In this post we will first look at what video formats are supported by iPhone, iPad or Android. Then we will use WinFF, an open source video converter to convert the files into a format supported by these devices. Then you can copy these converted video files to your iphone or android and play them.
First, we have to download WinFF video converter to convert video files. You can download Winff from here:
Video Formats Supported by iPhone and iPad
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- H.263|3GP (.3GP) and MPEG-4 (mp4)
- H.264 AVC| 3GP (.3gp) and MPEG-4 (.mp4) MPEG-TS (.ts, AAC audi only, not seekable Android 3.0+)
- MPEG-4 SP| 3GPP (.3gp)
- VP8|WebM (.webm)
Open the Winff software and install it to your computer.
Now open Winff and click on add button.
Select your video from your computer and add it.
See below at the bottom of blank area. There will be option Output Details.
Set convert to = iPod-iTunes
Set Preset to = iPhone WideScreen
Output folder = give the destination of the folder where you want to save your converted video file on your computer.
Now click on convert button to convert your video file.
How to convert video for Android
Open winff, Click on add button.
Choose a video file from your computer to conversion.
Set convert to = MPEG-4.
Now below of convert to, select Preset to = MPEG-4 H.264 (High Quality).
Output folder: give the destination of the folder in which you want do save this converted video file.
Now click on convert. It will take some time (depend on your video file size).